Study Skills Readiness
|Type of studies||Format||Required Background||Length of studies||EQF Level||Application period |
|Type of studiesVocational||FormatFull time, on site||Required Backgroundno specific education required||Length of studies1 year||EQF Level2||Application period01.04.2023-20.08.2023|
Study skills readiness group has a blog! You can read the Estonian version here: SIIT
What is the aim of this group?
This is preparatory learning for vocational training. It provides a range of initial professional knowledge and experience to help you decide on your future studies. It not only prepares you to continue your studies but also to enter the labour market.
Who does it suit?
- you have not finished primary school (~9th grade) but you are 17-25 years old;
- you have finished primary school but you don't know what you would like to study;
- you have dropped out of vocational school or upper secondary school;
- Your health limits your choices and you don't know what you can do in the world of work and careers (i.e. DYS learners);
- You are not working or studying;
- You have limited knowledge of Estonian, and may have arrived as a Ukranian refugee, for instance.
Why are there two curriculums: 30 ECTS and 60 ECTS. Which fits you best?
- The 60 ECTS curriculum is a 1 year course, which is particularly suitable for young people who need extra support in finding their specialisation and in shaping their study path. Studies start at the beginning of the academic year.
- The 30 ECTS is a 6-month course, suitable for young people who do not know what they want to do. Studies start in January, but you can join until April.
What would studying be like?
Lessons run from Monday to Friday, with practical and theoretical activities interspersed and balanced in terms of volume. Participation in practical classes in the different disciplines, career planning, communication, physical activity and individual meetings with support professionals are an important part of the learning. You can view the curriculum and study plan in Estonian here: Õppekava ja rakenduskava.
If you are interested and would like more information, you can contact:
social pedagogue Maili Mäehunt: email@example.com, tel.: 56291078 Maili also speaks English.
group leader Ülle Kramer: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 56877910 Ülle spricht auch Deutsch.